Pernille Lykke's Dwellings
The dwellings had two different purposes. The first ones were organized as an institution for the poor and it contained one entrance hall and two living rooms. There was not room for much more than a bed, a closet, a chair, and a table. In these institutions there were to live, according to the decree "as long as the world exists", three honest, needy women and two orphan boys, who had to attend the grammar school. The women were allowed to live in the house until their death whereas the boys were only allowed to live there for three years.
The other part of the house was divided into two flats. The rental income, 20 mark annually, was spent on solid fuel for the poorhouse institution. The institutions were run by the vicar of Vor Frue Kirke, and for this Pernille Lykke had set aside a fixed annual amount. However, this was hardly enough and the buildings became highly dilapidated on several occasions.
Electricity and running water were installed in 1935 and 1950, respectively. The original function of the buildings was maintained until 1955, when the institutions became part of the museum complex. The buildings are now furnished to give an impression of how housing conditions were at that time.
There is public access to the building.