The history of graphics and Danish press history are particularly well covered. The collection currently consists of around 115,000 items, records, photos, films, etc., supplemented by a large research collection of newspapers and magazines, etc.
The museum's numerous and extensive collections include:
- Denmark's largest collection of plates
- Letter presses from c. 1800 onwards
- Linotype machines
- Bookbinders' tools and machinery
- Hand bookbinding and industrial bookbinding
- Graphic artist Austin Grandjean's collection
- The historic collection of Danish broadsheet Politiken
- Dansk Litograflaug's (the Danish lithography guild) collection of lithographs/lithography c. 1820-1880.
- The collections of drawers and illustrators Des Asmussen, Aage Sikker Hansen and Arne Ungermann